Monday 25 March 2019

Middle Earth Magic and Mysteries II

The weekend allowed me to take a breather, put loads of the miniatures into their stortage cases away from harm, and to get out and purchase some more superglue to let me continue with my quest this week. I managed to finish off those pesky one-offs that I probably won't have any use for and a few wizards and a mounted Aragorn as Strider.

Here's the stock Free Peoples piccie again - all are now de-blistered (except the Fellowship and Shelob box sets), glued up and, with this post, blogged...


What was left from the previous round of work last Friday were a few one-offs that I may not ever use Gan-buri-gan and Frodo and Arwen on horseback...



However, the mounted Strider from the Warg Attack set will make a very useful addition to my rangers faction for Gondor...



The final few are Gandalf on foot in both his White and Grey guises as well as a Gollum miniature. I have decided to put Gollum into the Moria faction, so he should appear in tomorrow's post...



Seeing both of these on the workbench alongside the Gandalf the White on Shadowfax made me pine after the long oop Gandalf the Grey on horseback - a superb figure that I am going to add to my wish list. This would then allow me to have Gandalf in both of his forms as a foot or mounted miniature. Just need to somehow get hold of a mounted Radagast (did he ever ride a horse?) to round things out. Actually, what about the Blue Wizards? I wonder what miniatures I could use as substitutes for them? Again, would I need them on foot and mounted? Perhaps a trawl of the internet for any (semi-) official pictures of these two "eastern" wizards could lead me to a miniature or two to represent them?

As these figures do not make up any factions by themselves, I will most likely only use them for SBG. I am not sure how they would fit into Battle Companies as generic mages - are there even any rules for this kind of thing either officially or unofficially? I guess the wizards could make up single-based units for Dragon Rampant and perhaps Saga has some (un)official rules for magic wielding units?


No comments:

Post a Comment