Monday 5 January 2015

Long time, no post

It has been a while since I last posted to this blog. A lot has happened in the last few months that has turned my reasonably settled life upside-down. I was made redundant from my job back in September and it took me a month or so to find some temporary work that tied me over the Christmas period. That temporary role has now ended, so I am now back out of work and looking for a new challenge. The redundancy also coincided with the end of the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons campaign I was running. During this period of contract work the hours I worked were not conducive to carrying on at the RPG club I attended religiously every Wednesday evening, so I had to stop going.

On the bright side, I have been able to sort out lots of stuff around the house - many of those odd-jobs that build up over the years have been slowly ticked off the list. I also inherited the school run at both ends of the day from my wife whilst I have been off. All of this added together has meant that I have had no time for gaming activities except for the occasional read through a few blogs and forums I follow.

The gaming eye-candy and fun that I have been seeing over the Christmas period on the internet have really whetted my appetite for gaming again, so I will be sorting through my piles of unpainted lead and plastic and unread rule books, and getting some projects on the board again. I have missed wielding my paintbrush, so this will be my first port of call - sorting out an army to begin dabbing on the colours. From the piles of boxes and blisters I have lying around, I imagine I will take a look at my Lord of the Rings stuff first. Saga, also looks to be top of the list too, so I may combine the two with the help from a few blogs I have read that contain the appropriate fantasy styled battle boards.

Anyway, this is just a short missive to let you all know that I am still around and that this has only been a brief hiatus in my normally regular posting schedule.

Here's wishing you all a belated Happy New Year and I hope that you all got what you wished for over the Christmas period.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear from you, looking forward to seeing the fist of the figures of 2015 appearing soon.

    ReplyDelete