Monday 21 June 2010

Summer Solstice

Today was the Summer Solstice - the longest day of the year. I have attached a lovely picture of Stonehenge, courtesy of English Heritage, to mark the day.


I chose this auspicious day as a point to start my Summer painting project : The Rohirrim. I have managed to sort out all of my Games Workshop Lord of the Rings minis for the kingdom of Rohan and listed them below...
Troops:
36 Warriors of Rohan
24 Riders of Rohan
Elites:
6 Rohan Royal Guard
5 Mounted Royal Guard
2 Rohan Outriders
2 Mounted Rohan Outriders
Command:
1 Mounted Royal Guard banner bearer
1 Rohan Captain
1 Mounted Rohan Captain
1 Rohan banner bearer
1 Mounted banner bearer
2 Grimbold's Helmingas Command
Heroes:
1 Grimbold
1 Hama
1 Gamling
1 Mounted Gamling with Royal Banner
1 Erkenbrand
1 Mounted Erkenbrand
1 Eowyn
1 Mounted Eowyn
1 Eomer
1 Mounted Eomer
1 Eomer : Marshal of the Riddermark
1 Theodred
1 Mounted Theodred
1 King Theoden
1 Mounted King Theoden
1 Mounted King Theoden (from Warg Attack)
I still have a few gaps in my collection, but as they are in expensive sets, I doubt I will get them unless I can pick them up on EBay. These include (but not exclusively as I have a poor memory and I am bound to miss some):
1 Mounted Royal Guard (there are 6 possible combinations)
1 Rohan Outrider (there are 3 different models)
2 Sons of Eorl (I won't be getting Eorl himself though - wrong period)
3 Rohan Command (Leader, Musician, Standard)
1 Gamling on foot with Royal Banner
2 Theoden on foot (1 heavily armoured, 1 light armoured)
1 Eowyn on foot (in dress)
As I said, there are probably others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
My first task is to get them off the sprues and out of the blisters, cleaned up, glued and undercoated. Some have already seen some action at a couple of gaming sessions at Games Workshop a few years ago (a 250 point army of mixed riders and warriors), but they will be repainted to fit in with the new paint scheme I want to run with.
Hopefully I can get a photo of the assembled army up on the blog this weekend. I will also be finishing off the last of my half-finished minis over the next couple of weeks too.

No comments:

Post a Comment