Sunday 20 June 2010

Last of the barbarians

As mentioned previously, Alex and I have been very busy today finishing off loads of stuff ready for our summer LotR offensive. The first unit I completed was the final HotT stand of Prince August barbarians. Like with Alex's barbarians, the 'leader' of the stand had lost his axe in the mists of time, so I replaced it with a wire spear. The shields are from all sorts of manufacturers on these barbarians, so many are actually fantasy shields used on these historical minis. That said, I will be using them as fantasy barbarians, so there is no problem there. I now have 6 stands of these barbarians, a stand of Amazons and a giant (behemoth); adding up to 18APs for a HotT army. These barbarians are now my largest HotT army.

Keeping with the barbarian theme, I have some classic bare chested warriors for use in fantasy RPG. The manufacturers are a bit hazy now, but to the best of my abiity to recal, from left to right, they are: Citadel, Ral Partha, Ral Partha (with the axe this time!), Citadel and Citadel. All are from the late 70s to early 80s ranges.

Looking at the RPG stuff I have completed now, I have a fair few towns/village folk, several fighters, rogues and wizards, a few dwarfs, giants and trolls, and now these barbarians. I am getting a decent collection together now, so time I started to use them! I just need to find some decent rangers and clerics.

No comments:

Post a Comment