Thursday 3 May 2012

Nick Lund's Chronicle Hobgoblins

I have had these figures for many, many years. They were bought when they first came out. I saw them in an advert in White Dwarf, so I saved my pocket money and whizzed up to a shop somewhere in London. My memory is hazy of the precise location of said establishment, but I do remember I went with my mate Steve and it was hammering down with rain. I bought what I thought was every unique Chronicle Hobgoblin in the shop, but when I got home I found I had a couple of doubles - ho hum. Still, 20 of these critters is more than enough for a D&D encounter or a SoBH warband.

The warband approaches a lone farmstead...



The leader and assorted warriors (I always thought the leader mini was huge at the time as most minis were 25mm scale- however, over time, scale creep has meant he is not so imposing anymore)...


Two handed weapons at the ready- doors will splinter...


A few views across the river in either direction...





Finishing these has cleared room for me to start on another largish project - more goblins for HotT. I am determined to get another army to 24 points by the summer so I can play against Alex a few times. I have a Barbarian army ready to go, so just need a set of adversaries for them. I am nearly there with both Goblins and Dwarfs, but as I have a couple of boxes of GW plastic goblins, these should be easiest to sort out and base up.

No comments:

Post a Comment