Sunday 8 May 2011

Eastern Roman Empire Auxiliary Archers

As well as the fantasy figures, I was also able to complete the next phase of my ever expanding Early Imperial Roman army. I already have a full century of legionaries plus command, Western Auxiliary spearmen plus command and Western Auxiliary archers completed. I have now a couple of contubernia of Eastern Auxiliary archers completed. Here are various shots of the archers - they are all from Warlord Games range of auxiliaries.





Still to be completed for my full Century plus support are:

Eastern Auxiliary Spearmen (well, they are WAS but painted in the same colour scheme as the archers)
Balearic slingers
Numidian cavalry support
Celtic cavalry support
War machines
Top brass (Legate, Primus Pilus, Aquilifer, metal legionary command and a few optios)

And I will also purchase some camel riders, elephants, some marines and some waggon train stuff to round out the collection.

Next up should be the Eastern Auxiliary spearmen in a few weeks' time.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice!!

    How about putting up some pics of your Century?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo! I like these a lot! Very good paint job and such good models too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind comments adeptgamer.

    I will try to get a picture of my full century to date soon and put it up on the blog - I will finish off the last unit of auxiliary spearmen first though to balance the force. There are pictures of the legionaries only part elsewhere on this blog in the EIR thread, but I want to get a picture of the whole century - the Romans fought with just as many auxiliaries as they did legions, so I wanted to show this in the unit I am creating. I'll probably need to paint up a few hundred Celts after them though to even things up a bit - eek!

    ReplyDelete