Sunday 3 October 2010

Here comes the cavalry!

It has been a while since I last updated the blog. The reasons being various, but mostly down to lack of time due to last weekend's annual trip to the Oktoberfest in Munich and the long wait for my spray varnish to come through, and, oh yes, a dash of laziness too. I hit a bit of a painter's block over the last couple of weeks and haven't touched paintbrush to mini. I don't know why, I just lacked enthusiasm for a few weeks. Anyway, yesterday I was able to get the spray can and camera out to photograph a few female adventurers.

First up is a Citadel princess, priestess, adventuress? I cannot remember what her designation was but I will assume she is some form of priestess/magician.

Next up is a mounted Amazon warrior from the same range as the foot versions I used for a stand of Hordes of the Things. I couldn't find her original horse, so I used a spare Warlord Pike and Shotte plastic horse I had lying around. It is a little large, but did the trick.

Here's a picture of the two lovely ladies out on an adventure together. I think it shows quite nicely the degree of scale creep we have had in the last 20-30 years. What were 25mm are now pretty much 28mm.

I am hoping to get a couple of Space Marines completed this afternoon and a little more work done on a few other things I have lying around on the workbench.

No comments:

Post a Comment