Sunday 7 June 2009

Half way there

As all of the other pictures of my Romans have tended to be taken from the front, showing off their shields, I thought it better this time to show them side on so you can actually see the paint job for a change. I have now completed half of the contubernia that make up a century and most of the command structure.

I have to still make up a tesserarius but have managed to create a passable optio. These should be ready in a few weeks time.

I'm not sure what I will have ready for next week's entry, but I am hoping to get a few more of my old RPG minis completed. On a rethink, I have come to realise that many of the old figures are either Citadel or Ral Partha. Some date to as early as 1976. Unfortunately, I am no longer sure which figures belong to which manufacturer, so apologies if I label them incorrectly.

Gaming wise, I am about to get involved in an ePBM. This is run by one of my oldest (as in longest known) gaming buddies whom I have known since I was about twelve or thirteen years old. It is a kind of turn based RPG where each of the players will play an adventurer from a small kingdom, beating up baddies, rescuing damsels in distress and gaining treasure.
Gaming has been a bit thin on the ground this year, but I am preparing to run a couple of games and it looks like there are a couple of games run by other gaming buddies coming up too. I will also be looking to attend Games Workshop for the occasional LotR game against the staff and perhaps one of the two major gaming clubs located near to where I live. I have been a bit slack in getting out there and playing, so this year is, hopefully, the start of new things.

1 comment: