Sunday, 26 July 2026

Midgard : Britannia (Slingers 1)

Back on track with figure painting this post. This time I went with one of the units of slingers for a quick win. There were only four miniatures that required painting for this skirmishing unit and my usual basic paint job plus wash did the trick - the usual 20-30 minutes per day rate of painting again.

The first unit of Ancient British Slingers

I managed to complete these ones quite quickly as this week's normal life didn't distract me from getting the paints out. When I had finished them and put them to one side to start on the next batch, I was quietly pleased with the progress so far. The bases that I had prepped for Midgard are now almost all completed. I have a few more "raw" bases/movement trays that could be used to mount more figures, but I will see where things stand when I complete the whole army, as I may need to also use some for a few more Roman units. I will probably try to do a summary post at the end of this project so I know exactly where I stand in Britannia.

All of the Celtic figures that were based for Midgard (82 of 106 completed)...

  • 3/4 bases of standard warriors (30/40 plastic figures)
  • 1/2 bases of elite warriors (10/20 a base each of plastic and metal figures)
  • 1/2 bases of slingers (4/8 metal figures)
  • 1 base of female warriors (10 metal figures)
  • 2 bases of archers (8 metal figures)
  • 2 bases of mounted warriors (8 metal/plastic figures)
  • 2 bases of skyclad warriors (8 metal figures)
  • 1 base of hounds (4 metal figures)

Others that I will complete now that they have been prepped and/or undercoated...

  • Leaders and Champions (6 metal figures)
  • 1 base of druids (4 metal figures)
  • Mounted warriors (2 metal/plastic figures)
  • Chariots and crew (3/6 metal figures)
And the remainder...
  • 34 Standard and elite warriors still on their sprues (plastic figures)
  • 8 Javelinmen (metal figures)
  • 2 Slingers (metal figures)

Next time should be the second unit of slingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment