Monday, 20 July 2026

Midgard : Britannia (Female Warriors)

Well, I lost my painting mojo a bit over the last week - lots of real life stuff came up (youngest daughter's graduation was one major good thing though) and I just generally lost interest for a bit. So, as a result, this unit of ten female warriors took me a while longer than my usual efforts to complete. I was also looking for brighter colours for them compared to the male warriors, so I had to search back into my paint pot archives as opposed to those just lying around on my paint station to find the colours I thought would be best for them. I am still only painting block colours and shading but I was sorely tempted to give plaid/tartan a go. I will save that paint scheme for another time as I just want to get this Midgard Briton army completed in my set time frame of one unit per week.

Female Warriors

Army numbers...

All of the Midgard based Celtic figures (78 of 106 completed)...

  • 3/4 bases of standard warriors (30/40 plastic figures)
  • 1/2 bases of elite warriors (10/20 a base each of plastic and metal figures)
  • 1 base of female warriors (10 metal figures)
  • 2 bases of slingers (8 metal figures)
  • 2 bases of archers (8 metal figures)
  • 2 bases of mounted warriors (8 metal/plastic figures)
  • 2 bases of skyclad warriors (8 metal figures)
  • 1 base of hounds (4 metal figures)

And the rest...

  • Standard and elite warriors still on their sprues (36 plastic figures)
  • Leaders and Champions (7 metal figures)
  • 1 base of druids (4 metal figures)
  • Spearmen (8 metal figures)
  • Mounted warriors (2 metal/plastic figures)
  • Slingers (2 metal figures)
  • Chariots and crew (3/6 metal figures)

Again, there are one or two figures in this set that I would love to see in a Five Leagues party. I have a feeling that, along with a druid and some fighting types, my first warband might have a bit of a Celtic feel to it. This would fit right in with my ancient Doggerland gaming sessions - those prior to the DnD campaign.

I am not sure what to go for next time - maybe the rest of the skirmisher bases - namely the slingers? There are only eight of them spread over two bases, so they should make for a couple of quick wins to get my mojo back, before tackling the larger units again (a base each of standard and elite warriors still need to be completed), and then the list of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment