Sunday 25 April 2021

Elf Repaints

Now that the orcs have been completed, I had a chat with my youngest to see what he wanted to do next. I initially thought he would plump for Gondor as that is the army I have been playing against him with, but he decided he wanted to start an elf Battle Company or two. To strengthen his decision, unbeknownst to me, he had already popped into his local Games Workshop to order a pack of Elf Command out of his pocket money.

When he mentioned he had got them, I asked him how he would like his elves painted. He suggested white cloaks etc. and silver armour. I was not too sure on this combination, so mentioned that they may need another colour to make them seem less "cold". He came to the decision that a red would warm them up sufficiently.

So, today, I knocked up a couple of test paint jobs to see how they would look...

Unfortunately, the white and silver just did not go, so I used a bronze colour for the armour. I have sent him the pictures above to make up his mind which way he wants to go. Again, these will only be block painted over the previously existing paint jobs - these figures were bought from eBay, and came pre-painted by the previous owner. I really like the blue bowstaff and weapon handle but he is not too keen. I will see what he thinks when he sees them in the flesh on Friday next week.

I also managed to get a little painting and undercoating done on those skeletons and that dragon I mentioned a few posts back. Hopefully, I may get some of these completed very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see them in a different livery than in the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son's idea - I must admit I would have gone canon with them, but they are his figures, so his choice, and I think he has chosen well. He says he has a vision of them in his head, so hopefully I have done his vision justice; I will find out this weekend. I really like them though.

    ReplyDelete