Wednesday 14 April 2021

Broken Orcs

As promised last time, this post details the remainder of the eBay bought second hand Lord of the Rings orcs. A quick count gives 13 more that can be added to the already completed 18 orcs. To make up enough to create a Dragon Rampant force, I may need to add my son's Uruk-Hai and maybe an old troll or two to make the army table worthy though.

First up are all the orcs with melee weapons that have been broken either in use, or possibly they were just bought like it. I have a bits box with lots of broken off weaponry, so once I get some plastic glue (at long last, the shops are open again, but my local GW does not open until today), I will be able to get started on these...

This bunch were the ones I painted and rebased yesterday...

Finally, here are a couple of archers and an orc spearman without an arm! I will probably do some surgery on him as he has a good quality (i.e. unbroken) weapon - probably an orc from the top picture will supply that arm and then there may be some scope for a head swap or two from that butchered miniature...

Hopefully, there will be some more progress on these after Thursday, once I have managed to grab some plastic glue at my local GW - I do not have time to get there today unfortunately. I will document what means I went to to complete them all, i.e. what parts I used to make the weapons worthy of use again.

2 comments:

  1. Our GW opens today. My lads are heading there this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing these ready for action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to get to mine yesterday (Thursday) and grabbed some glue and paints to allow me to carry on with colouring in a few more figures over the coming weeks. Hopefully I will get a post or two on these very soon.

    ReplyDelete