Thursday 8 October 2020

200,000 Views and Counting!

This post has been written just after we passed the 200,000 views mark. I am not usually one for this kind of thing but these milestone numbers give a nudge to make me pause and reflect, so I think they need to be acknowledged.

 
 
This milestone took ten and a half years to reach. The blog began way back in April 2009; it took seven years (April 2016) to reach the first 100,000 views, but only an additional three-and-a-half years to reach 200,000 views. This is a doubling of views in half the time, a kind of geometric/exponential progression. I wonder how long it will take to get to 400,000 views? I find this kind of number crunching fascinating.

The blog has taken many forms over its lifetime. It began as a miniatures painting log and slowly morphed into a more general gaming related blog. I do not know where it will be heading over the next few years, but I am hoping to continue with product reviews, game write-ups (AARs), painting logs and begin to use it more and more as a game aid repository.

The problem at the moment is that I do not get much spare time to actually do any "proper" hobby-related stuff like playing games, painting miniatures, building peripherals etc., but product reviews and other comments of that ilk are a little easier for me to accomplish.

The Covid-19 lockdown has meant that most gaming related meetings have had to be avoided due to the social distancing measures that are in place, and a long-distance house move and many recent life-changing events have added to that obstacle for face-to-face meetings with friends.

I am hoping that once we can get out there and mingle again, work sorts itself out and other personal issues get resolved I can get back to what I like most. Here's to the next 200,000 views. Thank you all for reading and interacting in my little place on the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment