Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking

As far as I can tell, Roger Waters did not have Vogon Constructor Fleets and Bowls of Petunias in mind when he wrote the song on his best selling album. However, as a fan of Douglas Adams and the H2G2 series of radio plays, books and TV series (I didn't get around to seeing the film funnily enough - one for DVD methinks) I snapped up these miniatures by Denizen when they first came out way back when.

I just finished painting them today and thought I would throw them up onto the blog for all to see. These were/are a small range of figures and only included the five main Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy characters and some kind of Space Beagle (which I did not buy at the time) when I last looked, but that may very well have changed since then.

Here are the Hitch Hikers ...

First up is Arthur Dent sans sandwich...


Second up is Ford Prefect - thumb outstretched in the hope of attracting the attention of passing space traffic...


Marvin the Paranoid Android, brain the size of a planet but only used to fetch the tea and open doors...


Tricia McMillan - or Trillian as she is known. Ditched Arthur Dent for Zaphod Beeblebrox as she would rather be hanging around a black hole than the dole queue...


Zaphod Beeblebrox with his extra head - not to be confused with Jake the Peg with his extra leg...


And finally the whole ensemble...


1 comment:

  1. Great figures and painting. I remember when they were released I said I would get them...but never did.

    ReplyDelete