Sunday 3 January 2010

Happy New Year

Now that the festivities are over and normality is due to resume (back to work tomorrow), I thought I'd take stock of my achievements from last year and make a few resolutions for this year.

Last year saw me paint 234 miniatures, but that was only from Salute onwards. I will have an extra three months to paint in this year so, hopefully, my painted tally will rise. I have decided to dispense with the models accrued tally as last year saw me accrue more than I painted, Ho Hum. This year I will not purchase as many minis as last year, but that's not to say I won't accrue any at all. So, Resolution 1 is to paint more than 312 minis (pro-rated 234 over 9 months) this coming year.

Gaming wise, this year was a little sparse. I managed a couple of participation games at the shows I attended and if it wasn't for the pbm RPG Tavern Knights of Legend keeping me busy then I'd have played a lot less. This year I will play a lot more as I now have a stack of painted minis to use. I have ideas for the first few scenarios using the minis and some ideas for pbm games - a strategy game and a RPG that will be linked by being in the same universe. Resolution 2 is to play more than 2 participation games at shows and play in/referee more pbm and tabletop actions with my normal gang of gaming buddies than the year just gone.

I am still feeling my way with this blog at the moment. I am still not sure whether to only post when I have something to show (minis, game reports etc) or whether to put all my gaming thoughts online too. I'll probably dabble in a bit of both for now, just to keep the blog ticking over.

Anyway, thanks for reading the blog and passing comments over 2009. I wish you all a very happy and prosperous 2010.

2 comments:

  1. 312+ 28mm minis ! That's more than I have painted in the last 20 years !! There again, I feel like calling for a national celebration when I get around to painting a miniature these days :(

    Good luck and keep up the blogging, I'll be back,
    Sigmar

    PS. I don't know if this would interest you but we run a text based fantasy roleplay on our forum. It was beginning to get quite popular although it's quietened down again over Christmas / New Year. In case it's your cup of tea:-

    Text based Fantasy Roleplay - based on Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Sigmar and welcome to the blog. I'll check out the link in the next few days.

    I know the resolutions will be a task and a half, but I need to set myself goals to make sure I get the painting done!

    ReplyDelete