Thursday, 10 September 2026

Midgard : Britannia (Chariots 2)

And with this last chariot on its base, that is the project completed! After just over three months (started 6th June 2026 and ended today, 10th September 2026) of painting and modelling, all of the Celt models used in the Midgard : Britannia campaign, plus a few others, are finished. Here is the last of the chariots...

Chariot variant 2

From another angle to show some grisly trophies

I added a couple of severed heads from the Celtic Warrior plastic box sets to this model to give it a bit more authenticity. Unfortunately the whole base looks a little too blue for my liking, I should have thought about the colour scheme a little more before committing to it. I have also just noticed that I forgot to paint the horses' eyes - maybe I will remedy that at a future date.

Here are all three of them together...

Chariot squadron

Briton figures progress (135 of 135 completed)...

  • 106 figures based and ready for use with the Midgard rules set
  • Druids (4 metal figures)
  • Chieftains and Champions (6 metal figures)
  • Slingers (2 metal figures)
  • Mounted warriors (2 metal/plastic figures)
  • 3 Chariots and crew (15 metal figures)
And the remainder...
  • 40 Standard and elite warriors still on their sprues (plastic figures)
  • 8 Javelinmen (metal figures)

So, what to do now? I still have those unpainted plastic Celtic Warriors and a small warband of eight metal javelinmen to complete. As stated before, though, I would like to move onto something different next and leave these, together with the Roman remnants, until another future date.

Next post will hopefully feature a summary of where I am at with both the Briton and Roman armies. I will try to photograph at least some of them again for a sense of how they all look on the table and also to catalogue what I have left for a future painting project. I have plenty of Roman and Celt figures still left to paint, so I imagine that would be another summer's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment