Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Midgard : Britannia (Druids)

First up for the individually listed miniatures are a small coven(?) of druids. Like with all of the previous figures I only gave them a basic paint job and wash despite wanting to push my skills a little. Two of them (the naked one and the one on the right brandishing a staff) took only a few sessions to complete, but I got a bit of painter's block on the other two and they took me a little while longer.

Anyway, here they all are in their glory...

A Small Coterie of Druids

I am wondering whether to base them on a movement tray for Midgard as normally they would appear as leaders. I may do so anyway and then work out how to have a bunch of magic wielding characters appear together as a unit. I am sure there is something in the rules I can amend to allow this; something to look up at a future date.

And here are the druids with some warriors for protection...

Druids with Elite Warriors and Warriors

With the completion of these, the numbers continue to look better and better. I am still keeping discipline and painting most days for 30-40 minutes per day. I had a bit of a hiccup this week with a bit of painter's block as mentioned above, but I am stoked to get the next batch done.

Celtic figures progress (110 of 135 completed)...

  • 106 figures based and ready for use with the Midgard rules set
  • Leaders and Champions (6 metal figures)
  • 1 base of druids (4 metal figures)
  • Mounted warriors (2 metal/plastic figures)
  • Chariots and crew (15 metal figures)
  • Slingers (2 metal figures)
And the remainder...
  • 40 Standard and elite warriors still on their sprues (plastic figures)
  • 8 Javelinmen (metal figures)

The mounted warriors and slingers look like quick-ish wins and add extra variety if I wish to make up the Midgard bases differently. As a result, I have moved the slingers into the in-progress list. Alternatively, I could get the leaders and champions finished. The remainder of the plastics and the javelinmen will need to wait. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment