Saturday 30 July 2011

200th Post

Another major milestone has been reached on this blog. It seems like only yesterday that I started writing and photographing for this blog. I don't think I have accomplished what I originally set out to do, but have had fun and done other stuff that was of interest to me instead. I think the main thing for me was to see the unpainted lead and plastic piles diminish. That has certainly happened over the last couple of years but I haven't managed to actually play many games or write up my in(s?)ane gaming thoughts (of which there are many).

Alex has come on in leaps and bounds with his painting and gaming. He has played a lot more than I and has now joined the school gaming club, which he can properly start attending next school year (Year 8 I think he is in - these new fangled school years leave me all confused). He went to a one-day teaser the other day and just loved playing with his Space Marines (more on those in a later post). He has also had a fair number of sessions down at Games Workshop and at the local library, as well as at a few gaming conventions.

My gaming has been limited to play-by-email and one or two games with Alex. The girls are becoming interested in gaming now too, so Songs of the Splintered Lands may be right up their street. I have based up and undercoated the Druid's Children warband. hopefully I can get them painted and onto the gaming table soon.

All that remains for me now is to say thank you to my readers and I hope I can produce enough stuff you are interested in over the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment