Sunday 6 June 2021

Damril of Gondor's Battle Company

I had a few hours' spare time yesterday and this morning that allowed me to get to work on my son's first proper named Battle Company for the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game. Once again, these are just touch-ups on some second-hand miniatures we got from ebay. Some of them had very thick paint jobs already on them, so they were difficult to do anything with, but here they are in all their (re) painted glory.

Damril (front rank, first left with sword held aloft) and his Battle Company (after gaining a new spearman as a recruit for his success in slaying the troublesome troll in our last game)...

Damril and his trusty right-hand man (although he is on his left)...

The Archers from Damril's Battle Company...

And finally, Damril's spearmen including his new recruit on the right...

I will have to get my son to name the rest of his troops (as I will with the orc Battle Company I am currently running alongside this one) and then we can try to find a roster sheet to make note of who they are and what they have achieved so far.

I enjoyed painting these and they didn't take as long as I thought that they would. Some of the previous paint jobs were a little crude but I was able to fix them up somewhat. I also left most of the armour as was, to give a beaten look to the crew. My son decided he wanted purple tunics on his men rather than the standard black from the films. His collection is really becoming his own now, what with him deciding to go non-canon on most of the figures.

I got a couple of weeks extension to my temporary work assignment, so I will still be busy on that rather than painting miniatures during the day, but hopefully I can get a little done on the rest of the Gondor figures during the longer, lighter evenings over the coming weeks. I will also be reading the new Rangers of Shadow Deep rulebook so that we can at least get a Ranger and a few companions statted out this weekend when the kids are over. Now, I just need to look online to see if someone has any PDF versions of the Ranger character sheets so I can print a couple out as well as the Gondorian Battle Company roster sheets.

1 comment:

  1. Stalwart fellows... the boy's collection is shaping up nicely.

    ReplyDelete