Sunday 18 December 2011

Warriors of Rohan

I haven't made an update in a short while, but I have been busy painting some Lord of the Rings miniatures. I managed to finish up 36 Warriors of Rohan today. These, along with the Riders of Rohan from last year, make up teh core of a Rohan army I am trying to put together. I just need to paint up the elites and heroes now (next year's project?).

I managed to pick up all of these plastic miniatures quite cheaply when the Battlegames in Middle Earth magazine ended its production run. The distributor sold off their excess stock at a knock down price. As a result, I was able to pick up the core of several armies including; Rohan, Gondor, Isengard and Mordor.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the warriors I finished up this morning. First up is a unit with gold/bronze(?) embellishments on their helmets ...


And from above ...


This is the second unit with a red theme on their helmets...


And the first two units from above...


Here is the thrid unit with a green theme to their helmets to show them apart...


And finally, all three units from above...


I will probably get a few pictures of the entire army when completed sometime in the future. If I can get the elites (Outriders, Royal Guard, captains and banner bearers) done next, I will finalise the army with the heroes (Theoden King, Theodred, Eomer, Erkenbrand, Grimbold, Gamling, Hama and Eowyn). I still have just a few more minis to buy to round out this collection but it is about 90% there.

So, what else have I been up to? Well, I undercoated dozens of Norman horses, the rest of the Splintered Lands Druid's Children and put a bit more paint on the ghouls that will accompany the barbarian magician for Hordes of the Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment