Friday 23 April 2021

Repainted Orcs

It took me a while, but these have now all been completed to the standard that I wanted to get them to. Hopefully my son will be happy with them and that he will then let me know what he wants done next.

So, without further ado, here are the last four orcs to be painted. These were the ones that needed to be mended with weapons that were non-LotR. I think that they have turned out OK and the weapons seem to match in nicely. I especially like the way that the bow looks...

For completeness sake, here is a picture of the entire warband, including their adopted troll...

I also took a few pictures of each "section" of the warband. Starting off with the spear-armed orcs...

The more elite orcs with two-handed weaponry and those with shields...

And finally, the support section that always seems to do well when my son is rolling his never ending stream of sixes...

Last night I began to re-read the Dragon Rampant rules in preparation for gaming with these figures. It looks like I will need units of six or twelve for the orcs and maybe reduced sized units for some leaders or special critters like the trolls? I will continue to familiarise myself with the rules and chat to his nibs when he is over next weekend to see what else he wants in his evil force. I will also ask him how he wants his Gondor and Rohan army to pan out too, so I can grab the paints in a couple of weeks and get those ones sorted for him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment