Tuesday 13 April 2021

Orc Repaints III

I had some spare time today, so I thought I would pick up my brushes again and see what I could do with my youngest son's The Lord of the Rings orcs that are staring at me accusingly from the book shelves where they have been stored after our last couple of gaming sessions.

I have only got them to the same standard as the previous orcs, i.e. just blocked in to cover the previous paint jobs where they have strayed over the lines, and to make them look a little cleaner and fresher, as well as tie them in with the rest to make them all look like part of a coherent unit.

 Here are three more orcs armed with two handed weapons...

Here are another three with spears...

And, this is the same six in a small warband...

These finished figures bring the total to 18 in the warband now. There are still another dozen or so to be sorted out and added to these (more on that in the next post).

I was talking to my son the other day and he mentioned he wanted to try bigger battles, so I mentioned Dragon Rampant to him. I will have a re-read of the rules and see how many miniatures are required to make up two opposing armies, but we should be able to at least get an army from his orcs and associated uruk-hai and some of my old trolls, as well as a combined force of Gondor and Rohan to face them down. This will be my homework for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment