And with this base, the last of the units based for Midgard have been completed. Ten more standard plastic warriors ready for more forays in Britannia. Actually, a little aside here, there were only nine figures to paint as one had already been completed back when I originally worked on the Celts when I first bought the box sets many moons ago.
![]() |
| The Fourth Base of Warriors |
Celtic figures based for Midgard (106 of 106 completed)...
4 bases of standard warriors (40 plastic figures)
2 bases of elite warriors (20 - a base each of plastic and metal figures)
2 bases of slingers (8 metal figures)1 base of female warriors (10 metal figures)2 bases of archers (8 metal figures)
2 bases of mounted warriors (8 metal/plastic figures)
2 bases of skyclad warriors (8 metal figures)
1 base of hounds (4 metal figures)
Other Celtic figures that have been prepped (0 of 21 completed)...
- Leaders and Champions (6 metal figures)
- 1 base of druids (4 metal figures)
- Mounted warriors (2 metal/plastic figures)
- Chariots and crew (3/6 metal figures)
- 34 Standard and elite warriors still on their sprues (plastic figures)
- 8 Javelinmen (metal figures)
- 2 Slingers (metal figures)
As I have been looking at these figures more and more recently, I want to play many more games with them. I have already mentioned a potential Five Leagues warband set in my fantasy world of ancient Doggerland, along with another Romans versus Britons mash-up, but I am also seeing these warriors as potential Dunlendings from Lord of the Rings. Don't know why but that could make for an interesting foray into Middle Earth as a Battle Company or SoBH warband.

No comments:
Post a Comment