Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Midgard : Britannia (Slingers 3)

I decided on a very quick win this time round. These slingers only took me a couple of sessions to complete. These very basic paint jobs brings the total number of slingers up to ten - enough for two skirmish bases or a full ten man base if required.

The Two New Slingers

Here they all are together...

All the Slingers Together

These figures are literally just three or four colours and a wash, but the sculpts make them what they are. I actually do really like these despite their basic look. As mentioned in a previous post, I am tempted to do a Five Leagues from the Borderlands warband/party with figures from my Celtic collection, and some missile troops are always handy to have in a tight spot.

And now onto the Celtic figures progress (118 of 135 completed)...

  • 106 figures based and ready for use with the Midgard rules set
  • Druids (4 metal figures)
  • Chieftains and Champions (6 metal figures)
  • Mounted warriors (2 metal/plastic figures)
  • Slingers (2 metal figures)
  • Chariots and crew (15 metal figures)
And the remainder...
  • 40 Standard and elite warriors still on their sprues (plastic figures)
  • 8 Javelinmen (metal figures)

Next up will be the last two cavalrymen and then the chariots thereafter. I don't think I have ever fully completed an army that I set out to paint. I am very close with this one. Let's hope I can keep up the discipline and see it all through.

No comments:

Post a Comment