Thursday 13 May 2021

Elf Repaints II

The second task for my son's figures is to repaint the elves. I started on these a couple of weeks back but it has taken a little while to get any finished (other than the sample paint jobs from a previous post) as I have been working on some of my own miniatures at the same time (see the preceding post on the skeletons).

After completing the two sample paint jobs for my son to choose from, and amend if necessary, I was able to push on and finish a further three archers to bring the completed total to four.

There are still five more archers and eight swordsmen left for me to complete, but these should be done within the next week or so. There is also the command pack, a solitary archer and a final broken elf to repair that he wants to paint himself, which would bring the whole elf force so far to twenty one figures. My son has decided on the red cloak/white skirts as opposed to the white cloak/red skirts scheme, and as he did not like the blue hafts of the swords or bow staves, I have painted the latest ones with a more brown/wooden colour.

He will get to see them close up tomorrow as he will be over mine this weekend, but he has seen them in photos and likes them so far (phew!). Hopefully, we can get a little more gaming done over the next couple of days, as well as discussing our future plans for figures to paint and collect. He would like to build an elf army so I will have to begin scouring eBay for some cheap plastic figures for his collection, and will most likely also try get him some of the leaders and heroes in metal to match with the captain and banner bearer he has already bought himself.

Tomorrow will hopefully see me complete a few more of the elves - it all depends upon time and light (the weather has been very overcast with lots of rain these last few days, and it is due to continue for a few days more yet). Completing them will allow me to get on with painting some of my own miniatures next whilst he makes up his mind which of his old figures he wants me to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment