Friday 14 May 2021

Elf Repaints III

I managed to get the brushes out again today and completed three more Lord of the Ring elves. I also put a bit more paint onto several others, but these are not quite finished yet (hopefully next week). This brings the total of completed elves to eight; four armed with bows and today's repaints that are armed with swords/glaives.

This bunch, again, includes one of the test pieces I did a few weeks back to see what they would look like. The one with the blue-handled glaive looks like he has a badly deformed hand, but this was done by the previous owner - obviously some kind of repair. It looks OK from a distance though, so should not detract from our playing enjoyment.

Like with the orcs, there were several broken figures - about six or seven of the glaive-armed warriors. I was able to find the appropriate pieces for one or two of them, but four, so far, have had to be bodged. One or two look good, but the other two not so. At least it gives them a little variety to stop them all looking identical.

As mentioned above, I am hoping to get the rest of these sorted sometime next week. My son will want to paint the last four (the two command, an archer, and the last glaive warrior that needs repairing), but not sure when we will get time for that. Maybe the next time he pops over?


I am still awaiting a delivery from Otherworld Miniatures for another couple of packs of skeletons to go with the ones I already have. If they come through soon, I will try to get them onto the paint station next week in readiness for another Frostgrave game. I haven't played any Frostgrave for several weeks now, and I want to get back to Balthazar's and Dave's adventures on their way to Felstad. I am hoping there will be three or four more encounters by the time they get there, and then I will play some of the scenarios in the rule book and supplement. As these will be played solo, I will need to see if any adjustments need to be made to the encounters. Perhaps I can find some ideas if I trawl the web? That said, I am also contemplating getting the Rangers of Shadow Deep rulebook for me and the lad to play. Maybe I will see how compatible the rules are and adjust some of them to fit into the Frostgrave universe and vice versa? I am really getting into the mood to play some RPG/dungeon style adventures on the tabletop.

2 comments:

  1. More good work. Looking forward to seeing the skellies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - They are getting there. We are slowly getting enough finished miniatures together to play a few games with. Terrain is my bugbear at the moment - I just don't have enough for our current gaming requirements.

    ReplyDelete