Saturday 1 February 2014

Blog Hopping

I am not really sure what this is exactly, but thought I would join in the AD&D 40th Anniversary fun a little. I have added the linky (see right hand column), and I think I have to answer some questions. Sooo, here goes...

Day 1: First person who introduced you to D&D? Which edition? Your first Character?
Jeffrey Cox, Basic (Blue box set), Glorfindel (an Elf)
Day 2: First person YOU introduced to D&D? Which edition? THEIR first character?
Elizabeth Temple, AD&D 1st Edition, Kitiara Dragonbane (fighter)
Day 3: First dungeon you explored as a PC or ran as a DM.
PC: Randomly generated from the rule book, DM: Halls of Tizun Thane (from White Dwarf)
Day 4: First dragon you slew (or some other powerful monster).
White Dragon in G2: Against the Giants - Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl
Day 5: First character to go from 1st level to 20th level (or highest possible level in a given edition).
Never had a character go that high
Day 6: First character death. How did you handle it?
A ranger - I spat the dummy as all 'random' hits affected him and not the DM's NPC'd characters
Day 7: First D&D Product you ever bought. Do you still have it?
1st Edition AD&D Players Handbook - No, but I rebought on EBay recently
Day 8: First set of polyhedral dice you owned. Do you still use them?
Came with GW's Runequest 2nd Edition - Yes
Day 9: First campaign setting (homebrew or published) you played in.
Homebrew - I don't think it had a name as it was just a random set of dungeons strung together
Day 10: First gaming magazine you ever bought (Dragon, Dungeon, White Dwarf, etc.).
White Dwarf issue 15
Day 11: First splatbook you begged your DM to approve.
N/A
Day 12: First store where you bought your gaming supplies. Does it still exist?
Welling Model World, Welling, Kent, UK - No unfortunately
Day 13: First miniature(s) you used for D&D.
Do not kno manufacturer but I bought a Dwarf, Magic User and ghost thing second hand at my club
Day 14: Did you meet your significant other while playing D&D? Does he or she still play? (Or just post a randomly generated monster in protest of Valentine's Day).
No, my wife has never played (nor does she have any interest) but she encourages my hobby
Day 15: What was the first edition you didn't enjoy. Why?
AD&D 2nd Edition, Don't know why, but it just didn't work for me
Day 16: Do you remember your first edition war? Did you win? ;)
I only played small sized skirmishes or dungeon modules from TSR or magazines
Day 17: First time you heard D&D was somehow "evil."
When the big hoo-ha went up in the US about players being devil worshippers
Day 18: First gaming convention you ever attended.
Games Day 198? in Chelsea Townhall
Day 19: First gamer who just annoyed the hell out of you.
I have been lucky, most have been balanced enough to not annoy me too much
Day 20: First non-D&D RPG you played.
Traveller (original black box version)
Day 21: First time you sold some of your D&D books--for whatever reason.
Early 1990s - to a bloke at work who needed them more than I currently did
Day 22: First D&D-based novel you ever read (Dragonlance Trilogy, Realms novels, etc.)
Dragonlance Trilogy
Day 23: First song that comes to mind that you associate with D&D. Why?
There isn't one really
Day 24: First movie that comes to mind that you associate with D&D. Why?
Conan the Barbarian - a band of characters out to destroy an evil cult
Day 25: Longest running campaign/gaming group you've been in.
Too many to mention, but Traveller-wise I have been with one group since the game was released
Day 26: Do you still game with the people who introduced you to the hobby?
Yes
Day 27: If you had to do it all over again, would you do anything different when you first started gaming?
Yes, I'd document everything so that I had a great archive to look back on (reason I started my blog)
Day 28: What is the single most important lesson you've learned from playing Dungeons & Dragons? 
The people that play it are seen as geeks and ridicule comes your way if you admit to being a gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment