Thursday 17 May 2012

Further extracts from the diary of Rioja Hyrule

Whilst Rioja was recovering from his ordeal against the skeletons, Korum snuck another peak into his personal diary. Here follows Rioja's latest entry ...

From the diary of Rioja Hyrule:
(written by Russell, Rioja's alter-ego)
---

I have never had much time for gods and godesses. My grounding in rational, alchemical studies has always lead me to dimiss the legends and stories of gods as just that: legend and story. But the events of today have made me question my beliefs...

After the challenges of might, of traps, and of archery, when one of study appeared I felt sure that was my area to excel. "What chance has the god botherer and his silly rituals compared to the rational study and real knowledge I have!?" I quickly decoded the glyphs in the room, identified the meanings of them, and assigned people to their logical positions in the room, but to no avail. All the other logical solutions I tried also failed.

And then Arken has a quick work with his god Din, and the solution is revealed. All my hours of thought, all my rational logic, all out-done in seconds by this fire-god Din! My beliefs in the rational alchemical processes of my chosen career are strong, yet I find myself drawn to find out more about this Din god. I shall, henceforth, not dismiss Arken's god, and try to learn more from him about this Din.

No comments:

Post a Comment