Sunday 5 December 2010

Birds of a feather

I had a great weekend painting. I finished off quite a few figures to the basing and varnishing stage. The following two I actually completed: they are identical miniatures but I bent the neck of one slightly and painted them up to be a mated pair of Terror Birds. As mentioned previously, they are from a Games Workshop/Citadel box set from the eighties for their Runequest range. These initially had Dragonewt riders, which I still have, but I prefer them as riderless 'monsters'.

I also managed to finish up to the basing and varnishing stage half of the Riders of Rohan, 3 more fantasy Fighter types and I got started on another half-dozen or so fantasy minis. Alex did well on some of his Bretonnian Knights too. Hopefully there should be lots more to put up on the site in the next few weeks.

I had a browse around the net through the week too and came across some nice skirmish style rules that are being given away free. They are for a Dark Age type setting, but they could easily be used for other periods. The rules are called Brytenwalda and can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Terror birds? Awesome! Amazon Miniatures gas a nice one too. I have a bunch of Pulp Figures prehistorics, but they are stuck in the Waiting to be Painted drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrew, I'll check them out. I always find I have a lack of beasties in RPG games, and prehistoric animals are perfect for those wilderness encounters. These are the only two I have, but I will be buying more in the New Year so my adventurers have more variety of nasties to fight. What prompted me to paint them was an article in one of the latest wargames monthlies.

    ReplyDelete