Monday 22 March 2021

Orcs Repainted and Re-based

After the battle on Sunday, I decided to spend my free time on Monday completing the six orcs that were showcased last time and to attempt to complete another six orcs.

Here are the six orcs that were almost there on Sunday - I have tidied just a little more of the paint work and then added some flock to their bases to help improve their look and to mark them out as done...

Orc Elites (leader plus two handed warriors)...

Orcs with shields and scimitars...

And, hot on their heels are six more orc warriors. Again, I just tidied the pre-existing paint work by standardising the colours and getting everything back "within the lines" as far as I could. They are still very basic paint jobs and I will not be shading, highlighting or doing any other fancy work for these. They are just very basic figures for use on the tabletop and for my son to just generally play with...

Orcs with spears...

Orc archers...


And finally, here's a shot of them all together...

These took maybe three or four hours in total to complete. I am happy with how they have turned out considering how they looked beforehand. My son is very pleased with what he has seen so far, and he has the added bonus that he will see them completed next time he comes over.

I also took a look in my son's figures boxes yesterday and noticed that he has maybe another dozen or so orcs that need bringing up to this standard. Unfortunately, many of them are damaged, so this may take a little while to get around to - maybe later this week I will get them all out onto the table and patch them up where I can - maybe cannibilising some to complete others?

2 comments:

  1. Nice little group of baddies that scrubbed up well. The Peter Jackson orcs are growing on me. I wasn't keen on them at first. The GW riders of Rohan are really good though and I hoovered up a lot when they first cam e out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - they are not bad figures to be honest, and take paint pretty easily. There are a few things a bit off with all the early Lord of the Rings miniatures, but these were from the early days of plastic injection moulding and techniques have improved a lot since then.
    Like you, I really like the Riders of Rohan and bought many sets on the cheap with the DeAgostini magazine back issue department. I have painted up a few boxes worth, but there are many more to come. Hopefully I can get onto them after I have sorted out a couple of the warbands my son is currently playing with.

    ReplyDelete