Friday 28 October 2011

Update and Chat

I haven't been up to much gaming-wise recently and, as a result, the blog has gone a month without any updates. This is because real life has got in the way of gaming. I have been very busy at work with a new project that will last until the end of November at the earliest.

That said, I was able to dip the paintbrush (not a euphemism) a little last weekend and I am hoping to do so again this weekend. I am feeling a bit tired and a bit fluey at the moment but have a meeting with an old friend in Brighton tomorrow evening. I'll dose up with cold remedies before I go as I could do with a night out and fish 'n' chips at our usual restaurant on the beach.

I have a few figures that should be finished by the end of the weekend provided I stick to my guns. I may also finally drag out those Warriors of Rohan and start on them - just one or two colours to get started mind.

Alex bought some more Space Marines a week or two back. He is really getting into Warhammer 40K at the moment and is busy planning his army, codex on lap, as I am typing this.

My gaming has also ground to a halt, not that I do much anyway. Doggerland is crawling along but it has recahed a great stage and should develop nicely from here on in - I should get the latest return out to the players on Sunday morning. My friend Colin has also knocked up the latest of our Tavern Knights adventures for epbm. More on this in a later post, so I can do it more justice.

What am I thinking of playing at the moment? Well, after seeing Saga at Salute I think I may be tempted by the rules. I prefer skirmish gaming and have often played games that included Fatigue, so I am interested to see how it plays in Saga. I am also thinking of knocking up a couple of 28mm SoBH 28mm warbands just to get some gaming done. I think I have enough painted stuff to manage that - just. I think my first army would be Normans as I have a good stack of knights sitting in a box; Conquest Games, Crusader, Gripping Beast and Perry make up an army about 40-50 riders strong, with plenty of footmen too. More than enough for a large Saga warband or two.

I am also becoming tempted by sci-fi  and fantasy gaming again. I used to play a very modified version of Traveller back in the day, which was then adapted for pbm as our gaming group drifted apart geographically. I think the sci-fi gaming may start up again soon. I am also tempted to dust off my old AD&D campaign and re-write it for 3E (I'm not over -enamoured by what I have seen of 4E). The conversion from AD&D to 3E should be quite simple. I have started thinking about 'modernising' the world and using my old PCs as the new world order. This should be interesting to say the least, as I have great back stories for them and then I can just make up what happened to them in the last 15-20 years to get them to where they are 'today'. It may be interesting to put some of their bios up on the blog.

I guess I just wanted to get this post out so that October didn't have a big fat zero, but I found I had quite a lot to say about nothing in the end. Hopefully things will pick up in November and get back to normal in Decmeber.

No comments:

Post a Comment