Wednesday 23 September 2009

Colours 2009

A bit late but thought I'd report anyway...

Colours 2009 was held at Newbury Race Course over the weekend of 12th/13th September. I took Alex along with me on the Sunday.

I went there with a few goals in mind - to purchase some gaming boards, a building and take part in a participation game.

I achieved all those aims and a few more. I bought some nice scenery boards from Total system scenics and a Roman Watch tower from Grand Manner. These will be used for Hordes of the Things and some Romans v. Celts gaming using LotR:SBG variants I found online.

The participation game I played was put on by MAD Gamers. It was called Achtung Dice and involved playing a WW2 PoW and his attempt to escape from camp. Both Alex and I played along with a few others. We had a great result - Alex won by being first off the board and I finished a turn later. It was great fun and good to see EBob's figures in action.

I also picked up some Perry Miniatures 1st Crusade troops to use as both Normans and fantasy warriors/men-at-arms, a Reaper cleric (I have a severe lack of clerics at the moment) and lots of ideas.

Alex bought some Perry Miniatures' 1st Crusade commanders, a Reaper bandit chieftain mini (very nice - I can't wait to see how he paints him) and a couple of bags of cheap Mirliton Miniatures' High Elves for a proposed HotT Elven army to take on my Dwarfs and Orcs/Goblins.

There was also a re-enactment society there that covered Wars of the Roses/Hundred Years War type period. I saw their show but didn't get a chance to speak to any of them or find out what society (and the show guide doesn't help) they belonged to so I could provide you with a link.

It was a long drive down there but an enjoyable day none-the-less. Both Alex and I enjoyed ourselves and bought plenty to keep us occupied for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment