Saturday 21 December 2013

A Trip to Games Workshop

Christmas shopping - don't you just love his time of year? Bluewater shopping centre on the last Saturday before Christmas is my idea of Hell on Earth. That said, I managed to get in and out again, ninja stylee, with all the required presents in just over an hour!

I was also able to pop into Games Workshop whilst there. I haven't bought anything for my hobby since the beginning of the year and I had a few quid burning a hole in my wallet, so I succumbed to a few new items.

I picked up the latest "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" supplement (I will do a write-up of it in the next few days as I am not going to actually read through it until I have seen the film with the kids tomorrow afternoon), a couple of paint brushes and some plastic glue.

Alex also had some spare pocket money, so he picked up a box set of the new Palace Guards. Seeing them in the flesh (along with the Elf Rangers and the latest characters in plastic) I was very impressed. The Games Workshop web-site photos do them absolutely no justice whatsoever. Hopefully I can get Alex to do a brief write-up of his new set sometime over the next week or two.

As I am about to have just over a week off for the Christmas break, I will try to get my painting mojo back in readiness for a fresh onslaught next year, with a quick look through what I still need to paint and glue.

Tomorrow I am taking the kids to see The Desolation of Smaug. I am not sure whether to see the 2d version (how I saw the first film), the standard 3d version, or the super-duper high definition 3d version. I am not one for wearing those glasses throughout a film, but I may be outvoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment