As promised last time, this post will be a commentary on what has been painted and what still needs to be painted for my Midgard Heroic Battles : Britannia Briton and Roman forces.
The Romans required for the campaign had already been painted by the time I came to play any games, but most of the Britons still needed a lick of paint. After approximately three months of hobbying, I now have two great looking armies that are painted and based for gaming in the realms of Midgard. I also still have a small pile of unpainted miniatures for both factions.
Here is the full list of all the Celtic figures that are in my collection and their state of play...
Painted Briton figures detailing those that are now based for Midgard...
![]() |
| Briton Army |
![]() |
| Briton Army from above |
- 40 standard warriors (4 bases - plastic)
- 20 elite warriors (2 bases - 1 plastic, 1 metal)
- 10 female warriors (1 base - metal)
- 10 mounted warriors (2 bases plus 2 extra - metal)
- 8 archers (2 bases - metal)
- 10 slingers (2 bases plus 2 extra - metal)
- 8 skyclad warriors (2 bases - metal)
- 4 hounds (1 base - metal)
- 4 druids (metal)
- 6 chieftains and champions (metal)
- 3 chariots and crew (1 base plus 1 extra - metal)
![]() |
| The remaining unpainted Celtic figures |
- 40 warriors and elite warriors (plastic)
- 8 javelinmen (metal)
And, here is the full list of all the Roman figures that are in my collection and their state of play...
Painted Roman figures detailing those that were based for Midgard...
- 80 legionaries (4 bases - plastic)
- 6 officers (plastic)
- 7 officers (metal)
- 11 mounted auxiliaries (2 bases - metal)
- 8 auxiliary officers (metal)
- 24 western auxiliaries (1 base - metal)
- 16 western archers (1 base - metal)
- 24 eastern auxiliaries (1 base - metal)
- 16 eastern archers (1 base - metal)
![]() |
| Most of the unpainted Roman figures |
- 53 legionaries and officers (plastic)
- 2 officers (metal)
- 9 Balearic slingers (metal)
- 12 Numidian cavalry (metal)
- 6 hounds (metal)
- 1 eastern archer (metal)
- 1 western auxiliary (metal)
- 4/11 artillery and crew (resin and metal)
Note: due to being in another box that I couldn't get to right now, the above picture does not contain the Balearic slingers, hounds or the bulk of the artillery/crews. When I get around to daubing these factions again, I will try to remember to take full before shots of what needs painting.
So, this brings me to a decision - what to paint next? I have a hankering after doing some Lord of the Rings stuff, so I reckon I will begin working on my generic orcs; both official Games Workshop stuff based on the films, plus any other "unofficial" figures that fit in with them. I have a feeling that I may need to buy a small number of miniatures to round out some units to fit onto Midgard bases, but I will detail my thoughts when I write the first post on the collection as it currently stands. I will also need to choose an enemy for them (Gondor, Rohan, Elves or Dwarves I imagine) to paint directly afterwards so I can play some games when they are completed.




No comments:
Post a Comment